Below is a list of business and marketing resources for growing your coaching practice including web design, web marketing, other professionals, handy software, books/ebooks, coaching organizations and more.
Technology / Web Software
- GoDaddy for domain names and hosting – Low cost domain names, transfers, web hosting, email, and more. Good up-time and good customer support and they continually improve what they offer.
- AWeber – An established email list provider. I like them because they make sure your emails get through. I also feel they are on top of their business and are always looking to make things better for me. Their customer service is responsive and knowledgeable. I’ve also used Constant Contact, but prefer AWeber for ease of use and confidence in getting emails through.
- E-Junkie – The name is a little unsettling but they offer a solid service for selling digital products. Low cost too. Nice.
- Big Stock Photo – Stock photos and vector art. Great source for photos to use for your blog posts, website, and newsletters. The images are inexpensive – about two dollars each.
- MyFonts.com – A very easy to use website with reasonably priced fonts for your coaching logo – stationery and website. They’ve got a lot of free ones too – just do a search and set “price = 0.”
- Merchant Account at Practice Pay Solutions – A merchant account lets you take credit cards whether by phone or through your shopping cart. Get this first. It’s straight forward to setup, many coaches and professionals use it including my clients, responsive customer service, competitive rates, and an easy to use terminal for processing credit cards.
- Shopping Cart at Practice Pay Solutions – A shopping cart is the online software that lets people go through the steps of buying (ex. take credit card info on a form).
- Free Conference Calls – This is another popular resource among professionals. Ultra simple to use. Free recording. Have lots of people come to your teleclass. A great starting point for recording audio live events.
- WooThemes – These are some nice looking, easy-to-use WordPress themes. If you’re gonna do it yourself, start here for quality theme and support. Not expensive. I recommend the Canvas theme.
- Google Analytics – Google took over Urchin, a big player in the website statistics game and now provides this service free to people who hold Google accounts.
- MyEcoverMaker – An ultra handy online do it yourself tool for creating ecovers.
- Font Squirrel – 100% FREE for Commercial Use Fonts.
Coaching Niche Resources
- Nail Down Your Niche Intensive – Kellie’s got a great 1-on-1 intensive coaching program to help you identify the perfect target market and craft your coaching brand. Perfect before building your site. I suggest grabbing her Insider Secrets report and then email her back to discuss her niche-finding help. Mention that I sent you for free coffee. ;D
- Ideal Coaching Market – Learn how to Choose and Champion your ideal coaching market. Rhonda’s got a great course for helping coaches get their target market (or coaching niche) in order.
- FREE Coaching Niche Articles on the Web – These are coaching niche articles I’ve discovered on the Web and share with clients. Brainstorming, discovering, choosing, testing, and developing your coaching niche.
Business Growth Resources
- Incredible Coach – Marketing and Personal Development Information and Resources for Service Professionals.
- Bart Loos – is a client attraction business mentor who works with coaches, consultants, and professional service providers who are struggling in their business and want to attract more clients, get out there in a bigger way and make a real difference in the world, helping other people. Grab a FREE copy of How To Create A Profitable Coaching Business report.
- New Coach Connection – is a virtual community comprised of new and experienced professional coaches who are seeking ways to collaborate, connect, and create awesome experiences.
- Coach Network - Support, connection, and professional opportunities for our member coaches. Get The 13 Essentials Checklist for a 6 Figure Coaching Business (free on the coach’s page).
- Choice Magazine – Dedicated to leading the most important conversation in coaching. Choice, the magazine of professional coaching, provides and promotes development, growth, education, and success for those professionally involved in coaching.
- Odesk – A great venue to find an experienced virtual assistant with great English to help you out with daily tasks.