About Kenn Schroder
Web Designer for Coaches
As a web designer for coaches, my job is to create a web presence that reflects you but also attracts new clients and get you on your way to that first level of success – proving you earn a good income as a coach.
Why web design for coaches?
Coaches love what they do and want to ‘make it’ in business. They want to serve others and earn enough to live their own desired lifestyle. They struggle with marketing, especially in presenting what they do online at their websites. It’s overwhelming, scary, and daunting. They want it to be beautiful, attractive, and engaging but worry about doing it wrong, wasting time, and throwing away money.
I know, first hand, what it’s like to build a site that doesn’t work. I’ve done over 20 times for my own business. It was years before I arrived at the secret formula for creating a website that really helped me get new clients.
And so, I build websites for coaches for many reasons: (1) to help others who need it, (2) to enjoy the work I’m good at, (3) to be able to travel the world, (4) to be challenged by being in business, and (5) to be around some really awesome people (Yes, you!).
World Wide Web Design Gallivanting
I love the flexibility of being a web designer. Design in cafes, see new cities, meet cool people, and experience new cultures. Live.
En Zed – Straight from the airport, high on the excitement of new places, Greg and I head to One Tree Hill for a view of it all. Hello Auckland, New Zealand. Woahhhh!
Greece – Much needed down time, beach, pools, fresh air, and Greek family fun. Pic is atop the Acropolis in Athens. I had a bout with email at the museum cafe. Ahhhh!
Buenos Aires – Co-working, asado (bbq with meats), and Tango. It traded winter in NY for summer in Argentina, effectively have three summers in a row. Sweeeet!
L’Etoile de Montmartre – The Star is a cute little café and office#2 for my trial work-abroad stint of six weeks in Paris. Baguettes, espressos, wine, cheese! Cooool!
Puerto Vallarta – Though web-wise I am, in this sunset-blessed beach town in Mexico, I failed to convince this young-preneur to sell his springy animals online. Dohhhh!
How I Design A Coach’s Website
The key lies in this question, How do coaches get clients?
- by getting seen by prospects
- by growing relationships
- by gaining people’s trust
- by looking like a pro
- by being likeable
- by learning clients’ challenges
- by making it easy to enroll
- by helping people take action
- by sharing success stories
- by having a success process
- by communicating clearly
- by being present, authentic
And here’s how websites help you do that:
- by not being flashy
- by getting you visible
- by showing you understand
- by highlighting benefits
- by showcasing testimonials
- by getting visitors to act
- by motivating visitors
- by boosting your credibility
- by growing relationships
- by educating visitors
- by keeping in touch positively
Education / Experience
- Trial & Error (2000-now) – Marketing, selling, content creation, SEO
- Author / Publisher (2010,2014) – Two ebooks on websites and marketing
- Hendricks Institute (2002) – Web design, graphic design, e-commerce
- SUNY Binghamton (1994) – Math, computers, art
- Actuary (1994-2001) – Insurance mathematics, New York City
- That kid (way back) – I scooped ice cream and delivered papers
Thanks for taking the time to learn about me.
Again, I’m Kenn Schroder, web designer for coaches. If you are a coach looking to fill your practice with clients in the next six months and you want a professional website with the marketing tools to grow your business, learn more about who I work with: Is this you?NEXT: Is this you?