Here’s an example of how to write a blog entry to lead potential clients to you from search engines.
- Think about a challenge your client faces from their perspective.
ex: A parent’s child suddenly gets poor grades in school
- Think about keywords this parent might use to search for help.
ex. my daughter is suddenly getting bad grades, my son’s grades started getting worse
- Choose a title that solves the problem.
ex. How to Parent a Teen That Suddenly Gets Poor Grades
- Write the article and post it to your blog using the various keywords in the article.
- Wait for search engines visit your blog. If you’re blog is new, get your blog linked from another site that search engines already visit. (quick and easy: comment on another popular blog)
- Search engines catalog your blog post into their database and determine which keywords to associate it with.
- A searcher types in “child getting sudden poor grades.”
- Search engines show your blog post title to searchers with a bunch of other possible titles. Here’s where a good title makes you stand out.
- Searchers click to your site to read the blog post.
- At the end of your blog post you ask them to take action like get on your email list, or sign-up for new teen parenting coaching program.