Having a great freebie (that giveaway, free download, resource, tip sheet, report, video, etc) on your website does all kinds of magical goodness for attracting clients.
When done well, it:
- Builds your credibility high as a talented coach
- Educates your market so they can tackle their
- Drives people to your website for good reason — much better than the beggy “check out my site” line
- Generates leads if can capture an email address or entice recipients to get in touch for coaching (or buy something)
- Builds trust with people like a true professional (gurus who love their craft share their wisdom via information)
Essentially, a well-designed coaching freebie gives people a good taste of what you’re about, delivers value, and begins to foster a potential coach/coachee relationship.
However, it can take some work to pull one together. So, I suggest you do this.
For newbies to the marketing scene, a swift savvy first-go is to create a checklist of some sort — a tip sheet, a 1-pager list, or cheat sheet.
These work well because they are …
- easy to make, they can be a simple text document with an image
- readily accessible via a download link, or private link to a video
- super valuable if the content is chosen well
A good marketing move should be smartly chosen, but more importantly it’s one that you actually get done. And a simple freebie can do the trick.
A few examples for a checklist kind of freebie …
- 10 Point Health Checklist: Are you doing the basics for great health?
- The Before-You-Build Website Checklist – 16 Things for High Crediblity
- 12 Fight-Starter Words to Avoid, If You Want a Happy Relationship
I love OneLook.com for finding new words, I looked up words related to “checklist”.
I got a big list. 100 to be exact. And here’s that massive list which you can use to formulate your freebie for your coaching website.
As you can see, there’s a LOT!
I wrote a lot about free giveaways in The Coaching Website Guide as well as the rest of the content on your coaching g website. It might be worth having at hand as you work on your website.
Depending on your area of coaching, your website’s personality, seek words to suit.
Here are a few quick ideas that come to mind. Can you feel how the words fit the vibe you’d expect on the website?
- Profit ToolKit for Construction Businesses – Do You Have These Essentials?
- Relationship Reminders Diary : 7 Daily Reminders for a Loving Relationship
- Career Adventure Audit – 10 Points to Ponder to Discover Your Passions
Again, these can be simple one-page documents that provide handy information which shows you’re a pro while enabling you to follow up.